Saturday, January 26, 2008

Still Waiting...


Hi Friends,

We just returned from a wonderful week away visiting friends and spending three days at Disneyland. The kids were beside themselves waking each day to explore the parks. I'll let Gabriela fill you in on the specifics. It was great to see the kids laugh and play after having to deal with so much this year.

On Monday I will have an MRI of the head and a CT scan of the chest to determined where the fungus is (or prayfully isn't). My hope is that it is gone in the brainlining and we can hopefully stop the medication. I believe the Doctor wants me to continue the fungal meds for a while, but the dosage should drop. I am still not feeling any real illness from the fungus. I have soreness from the medication, but that is doable. I am expecting the fungus to be gone.

Having a week away on vacation sounds relaxing, but it really is not a time to reflect or pray much - not with 4 kids at Disneyland. Gabriela and I both feel a bit dry spiritually. We need a vacation now that we have been on the "kid's vacation." As our week returns to normal I'm sure we will fall back into our disciplined times of devotion and prayer. I do hope to hear from the Lord regarding the next step. I would like to know something either way, but if the Lord is silent, I will continue as the Doctors say. I can't chance the cancer getting an advantage and placing me in a worst state. My family needs me and unless the Lord tells me differently, I will continue the treatment.

I am so thankful for those that follow this blog and pray for us. I wish I had more to share and could be more specific with how to pray and what, but the facts are, we are still waiting...

I would ask you to pray with us about:
1. Gabriela and I have been asked to speak at a Marriage Dessert on Feb. 14 in So. Cal on the topic of Trusting God in marriage. We need wisdom, creativity, and an outline.

2. Time to refresh our hearts with the Lord amist the busyness of life.

3. Guidance with training up our kids...consistency, character, and transformation.

Thank you and His blessings,

Kelly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just ran across your blog wondering how you guys were doing and had no clue you were going through this. My prayers will be with you as you follow this journey God has for you.
Sonja Schey (formally Sonja Hearing from CBC)

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray and praise for you all!
Love you
Stefanie and Jim Lowe