Saturday, August 16, 2008

Thanks for the responses...

Hello again,

I haven't spent a lot of time on the blog and have failed to check your responses. WOW, what a huge encouragement. Many of you share similar experiences with trying to make sense of your reality and what the Bible says is reality. It really helps to know that I am not alone or handling this incorrectly. I am encouraged to continue to seek Him and find greater intimacy.

Micah Foster, our Student Ministry Director sent me a link to a worship song that is really amazing [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4xsWldmqAo]. The story behind the song was what encouraged me to make it a point to worship. That's one thing I have seemed to stopped doing in this battle. I am determined to pull out my worship CDs and put aside my teaching CDs, and spend more time in worship. I love to sing and I don't anymore. I notice in Church Worship, I remain silent and worship in my heart - a good thing, but I need to allow the emotions of worship and it's truth wash over me. Why haven't I been doing this? It seems so odd that I would have forgotten it's importance. Thanks Micah...

I am still awaiting the State's review process to see if the Neumega injections will be approved. I haven't seen the doctor - I think I missed my appointment this week(?). I don't think he will want to start treatments even if my count is high enough because it will only drop after the first week or so and we will need to wait another 30 to 60 days before my system recovers. The good news is I am still in remission as far as we can tell. As Gabriela said, We will do our part and trust God to keep me strong. I am really not all too excited about the treatment and if I can't take it, I'm trust that God is giving me this window of endurance and strength for a good reason.

I am enjoying the ministry; training new leaders, counseling couples in crisis, and investing in my kids with great intentionality. My wife is delusionally in love with me...I'm a very bless man, even with Leukemia. Thank you for sharing your prayer requests with us. I am looking forward to following up with you as I pray.

2 Peter 1:5-11 (NASB)
5 Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins. Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble;for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

His Blessings,

Kelly

2 comments:

The Rosenthals said...

Hello it's me checking comments

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

I don't know how this blogging works, but I wanted you to know that we have you in the Sunday bulletin for prayer, so the body is praying for you weekly. I check your blog for updates so that I can keep the prayer list current. Praying that the shots will be aproved today.

Susan Buckner