Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fungus Farewell...

Hi Friends,

Well as we hoped, the fungus seems to be well under control and we are stopping the medication. The MRI and CAT SCAN still showed some pots, but they don't know if this is past scaring, just dead cells, or something else. Therefore we are going to stop the medication and see. This is great news and we are thanking God for this victory.

Still no word or sense of direction on the chemo, but we will wait until the end of the month and then decide what is next. I would appreciate your prayers at this time. It's just started to hit me that we can begin to live again. What I mean is, life felt on hold while dealing with the illness. Though I had the peace that God was going to deliver me, I still stopped in some respects progressing life. I don't know if I can explain it.

What was an uncomfortable wake up call this week was the realization that I have been living day to day in the way I parent, pastor, dream, etc. Because of this I have been very short sighted in my efforts. Now that I am coming more into the reality that I have some time, I am seeing the state of things and it is a bit overwhelming -- what I need to do to "get back on my game". I need to give myself some grace, but at the same time, I feel the urgency to correct these areas that are lacking. I am wrestling with shame, embarrassment, frustration, and inadequacy. It's a new walk or deepening walk of dependence and trust in the Lord. Thanks for your prayers.

The family is doing well. We have family in from Mexico and San Diego today and are planning a trip to Yosemite. Gabriela is dealing with back trouble that may be kidney stones (she has been suffering with this for almost a month). We are again looking to the doctors for a clear diagnosis to treat her. the Kids are well and on Easter break this week. Gabriela is making each day a special event for them. She's a good lady, wife and wonderful mom!

I hope this finds you well. We would love to hear from you and know how to pray for you. We aren't receiving many log entries and feel a bit lost on our friend's life at present. May you be experiencing God's peace in whatever you are facing today, and know His love for you. Have a blessed Easter Celebration as you reflect on Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.

His blessings,

Kelly

10 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Kelly and Gabriela, I'm so glad to hear that the fungus is cleared and that things can start heading towards normal. Dan and I read your blog and pray for you regularly. We are doing well. Rachel is almost 2 years old, and baby girl #2 is due in July. Dan has 1 more year of MD/PhD training before residency and I'm enjoying being a wife/mommy and part of Trinity's homeschool co-op.

I was just remembering how years ago you taught us in a sunday school class during the time that Dan and I were "just friends but confused and moving towards more than friends." I know your prayers helped us... :) How time flies!

Gods blessings on you both and your sweet kids.

--Katie, Dan, Rachel & Baby Rogstad

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD !!!!! Congratulations, great news, hurrayyyyyy !!!

God is good and faithful, HE fulfilled, Mrs. Huckleberry’s prophesy.

I hope you have enough energy to hike in Yosemite, it is beautiful.
Who knows you might want to hike the 1/2 Dome. :)

I hope you have a great time with Gabriela's family visiting. (Mexican's are fun aren't they??)

Love you all


Laura

Anonymous said...

Dearest Kelly and Gabriela,

I just learned last night from my dear friend, Janey, of Kelly's illness. I haven't had a chance to read through the info, but I wanted to let you know that all of you are in my prayers.

I remember you both so fondly from your ministry at EFCC.

I have been in Knoxville, TN, for a few years. I have learned through difficult circumstances that the Lord raises up people from one to coast to the other to pray and encourage His people.

He is so faithful. May He fill you with the knowledge of His presence and His peace that passes all understanding, my dear brother and sister in Christ, and may He touch you, Kelly, with His healing hand.

Love to you both,
Gina

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly and Gabriela,

Praise God for the good news! I check the blog most every week to keep up what's going on but haven't posted in a long time. Thanks for keeping us updated on what God is doing in your lives.
Joy, the kids and I are all doing well. Things in Oregon are good. We will continue to pray for you. Our God is amazing!

Blessings,
Brent Maxwell

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kelly!
That is good news! Even though I don't comment on your blogs, I read each one of them, and I pray for you and Gabriella every day. Rich and I are planning a road trip this summer, in June, and would like to stop to see you. We love you and miss you (Rich said just yesterday that he misses you). Thanks for the update.
Adele Kehoe

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

This is a great praise. Our prayers are with you. George sends his concern. Continue in Gods grace.

Rick Accardo

Anonymous said...

Kelly and Gabriela,

I greatly appreciated your talk at Oak Glen in Feb. What you both said encouraged and challenged me. I don't consider myself a mystic, and sometimes I close the door on the miraculous works the Holy Spirit has for us. I thank you both for opening my eyes to the fact that the Holy Spirit desires to minister to us...we only need to be prayerfully open to seeing and hearing what He has in store for us. I am greatly encouraged by Kelly's progress and the prayerful disposition of both of you as a married couple. You two are truly one in this battle, just as Jesus prayed we all would be as we interface with the world (John 17:20-21). Your whole family is continually in my thoughts and my prayers.

May God continue to give you strength to face whatever trials lay before you and the wisdom to hear His leading. God Bless!

Dan Fitch

Anonymous said...

Kelly & family,
I can sense from your middle paragraph that you are feeling 'out of touch' with your responsibilities maybe - since you've been off your feet for the better part of a year - and using strong words like "shame, embarrassment, inadequacy".
Is it right to be this hard on yourself???? I have no concept of how humbling it would be to have been in your circumstance - but if you want to talk about it call me. I just caution you against draining your spirits, setting impracticle recovery goals and damaging your health further. There isn't an ounce of you that probably liked being a "burden" but you were concentrating on life - being alive for your future and your family. You've always been a hard worker and an independant spirit - so this must be an emotional, humbling experience to have been totally incapacitated - can't imagine Kelly.
Give yourself a little bit of a break and review your circumstances - that were kind of out of your control. At the same time any of us would be feeling the same thing you're feeling. I am praying for you and always appreciate our friendship.
Call anytime,

Ken Connelly
Hayden, Idaho
(208) 691-1203

Detwilers said...

Hi guys!
I finally figured out how to get into the comment section of your blog. I'm not too computer savvy. Hey, it sounds like good news! It's been great to see how God is providing each step of this journey. I pray for you both often that God will continue to provide for your needs, give you strength, courage and joy AND give you a glimpse of His great purpose and will in this struggle. His ways are perfect and He is so good.

God is displaying more of his sense of humor as we begin moving into the teenage years. There are so many lessons to be learned by both parents and kids! We have a wonderful, very respectful girl who loves the Lord and wants to serve Him...and who now has a boyfriend. Ah!

My dad remarried in February. Mom had her first "Heavenly birthday" last week. I rejoice that God carried me through the "year of firsts"...and I survived! He continues to open my eyes to His goodness and purpose. He has restored my joy and is healing my broken heart.

My brother is going through an ugly divorce, but has come to church the last two weeks after walking away over 20 years ago. Please pray for him. What an opportunity for him to see God's mercy and healing power. If only he could see how real and personal God is!

We love you! Your faith and perseverence inspires me. Hang in there. God prepared you both for this battle long ago!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosenthals!

We just want you to know that God continues to put you on our hearts and that we are lifting your family up in prayer. We praise Him for your good news and will continue to pray for complete and total healing and that you will know His will regarding any future treatment.

Our family is well. We are finally starting to feel settled here in Minnesota. We think we've found a church, and our Vancouver home finally sold. Winter, however, has a whole new meaning here!

We'll continue to pray! Know that you are on our hearts!

The George's