Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year...2008 has been good!

Hi Friends,
It's New Year's Eve and we just finished a great turkey torita soup without the toritas. We will spend a quiet evening playing a game or watching a movie with the kids and end the year thanking God for 2008. We have been so blessed this year. I am healthy and back to ministry full time. The kids are doing great in school and we are growing together. Gabriela seems happy and spiritual focused - connecting with women here. We have a huge support system of friends praying for us, investing time in our kids, and have hope in the next steps of prevention.

The Stanford Doc called and spoke with Gabriela last week. After our visit he contacted the lab that did my chromosome testing and then met with the oncology staff discussing my case. Their findings where inconclusive. They couldn't tell why my chromosome 15 was missing on some of my cells. They did not think it was connected to the leukemia or an indication of a pending relapse. They denied that any previous treatment could have caused it and recommended that I continue chemo where I left off. I don't know what to think about this, but prayerful that they are right about it not being an indication of a relapse - even though this chromosome has been linked to acute leukemia. I finish up my naturopathic treatment this week and will be tested next week to see if the frequency treatments show an improvement in my immune system. It's really an amazing science. I can also test some other alternative medicines using this frequency treatment to see if they would have a beneficial effect on my immune system. This way I am not using products that don't specifically work in my body. The way it works is that every disease, medication, and substance as a frequency. So by creating a substance's frequency and directing it into your body, it as if you are taking that substance. We found seven substances out of 30 that are used for leukemia, that responded positive in my system. So bi-weekly I have been receiving these frequencies. The goal is to see if these substances will keep my immune system at peak fighting force. The body was designed to fight cancers, so the hope is that my immune system will detect the cancerous cells and kill them before they can multiple. What I am not clear about is because Leukemia is a white blood cell, can healthy white cells detect that it's cancer and kill it - and can they do it fast enough to prevent the Leukemia to over take the blood system. I'm still trying to get a clear answer, but no doctor has been able to affirm this either way. If you know anything about this, please let me know.

As a dear friend Monica wrote,"Our trust is in God" and everyday He gives each of us life, whether we have cancer or not. I know that He is good and I can trust Him regardless of what awaits my family in 2009. He has loved us well through many of you in 2008. Thank you and His blessing to you and your families. Kelly

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey there Rosenthal's~

AMEN!!! 2008 WAS good. For us, one year ago at this time, Bret was out of work and we were wondering what on earth God was doing with us!!! LOL Now we are serving Him in a place we never would have dreamed of 10 years ago, but where we are so sure of His leading and equipping us that all I can tell others in the body of Christ who experience the loss of income is "Praise God, and what a blessing He has entrusted you with!!! He has given you an opportunity to walk by faith in a way that will glorify Him and make the world sit up and take notice of the resurrection power of the risen Christ!!!"

We love you guys. Can't wait till we're all together again.
Blessings for 2009 :-)
Melanie

Detwilers said...

Happy New Year! It's good to hear you're all doing well. I hope you find just the right house for your family. We're approaching this year with great curiosity. Life is so full of surprises. May all yours be pleasant! Love to you all.....

Anonymous said...

Dear Rosenthals,
You may not have heard from us but you are in my prayers! I have been keeping up to date with your life via your blog so please do not stop!
We would love to see you if SD is in your radar anymore:) We are all well and blessed and thankful for each day the Lord gives us. I don't know about you but it certainly feels like time goes by quicker than it used to! We will keep praying for wisdom and direction, but if you face is turned to the Lord, you heading the right way! We love you guys! Happy 2009! The Danskins

Ron Berger said...

Hey Brother!
Happy New Year to you & family. Looks like you will have a Doctorate in AC (Alternate Oncology) soon. Chromosomes,frequencies,whoa dude,
I'm lost.

Good thing that God built all this stuff or I'd be worried. I'll be praying that you find the right ballance in the right doctor.

Our lives are in His hands. Each day is a gift. Your blessing is that you are more keenly aware of His grace than most of us.

I love you man!

Blessings,
Ron & Deborah Berger

Paul said...

Still praying for you all, Kelly.
And still wishing you lived a LOT closer!
Paul