Monday, August 9, 2010



In case you were wondering...
Kelly is feeling well but his blood is not well. He is working full days and if you saw him you wouldn't know that he is ill. His face and eyes are bright and he is as handsome as ever hubba hubba :) He has been diagnosed with one or both of the following, Mylofibrosis (bone marrow disorder where it produces scar tissue rather than healthy cells)
Chronic Leukemia (Our Oncologist has never seen someone go from an Acute Leukemia to a Chronic Leukemia)
the diagnosis is based on how his body is behaving, there are no cancer markers in his blood. His white blood cell count has been elevated as high as 65,000 and normal is around 10,000 and his spleen has been enlarged. At that point he was in a lot of pain and needed Vicodine.

We went to our Naturalpathic doc and he did a magnet treatment along with a laser treatment and the spleen got smaller and the pain went away. The Oncologist also has Kelly on a maintenance therapy for Chronic Leukemia which includes daily chemo pills. The Naturalpathic doc also has him on a redgiment of products to help heal his blood. His blood counts have come down but still fluctuate. He is monitored monthly by the Oncologist and sees the Naturalpathic Doc about twice a month. There are no cures for these diagnosis and both have about a 5 yr. life expectancy. (by faith we are not accepting these diagnosis) His blood shows no cancer markers. It is all based on how the blood is behaving.

We believe that God has spoken life over Kelly and certainly has provided for us to see our naturalpathic doc and has lead us to scriptures that talk about soul healing and taking off yolks and that healing will follow, (really just the process of sanctification).

Kelly suffered a deep depression after we left CDA and has been on anti depression meds ever since. I believe that this depression and what precipitated it broke down his body and made him susceptible to cancer. The wounds he experienced when we left were profound and were mounted on some very old wounds within his soul and I believe it was a breaking point for him spiritually, physically and mentally.

Recently, I have been listening to a CD series that a friend gave me called. "Your Body, His Temple" (God's plan for achieving emotional wholeness) put out by Life Outreach International
I have been amazed to learn more about how the brain works and how thoughts, belief, emotion all have a physical effect on our bodies and how 85% of diseases begin with our metal health. I love how God keeps confirming what He has shown me with regards to Kelly and his health and healing.

Recently the Lord has been calling me out to deal with my food addiction and weight issues and I am finally beginning to walk in the victory that has been mine for a while but was too stubborn to appropriate. I am challenged to a greater degree to die to myself while not loosing myself and being fully submitted to Kelly and his leadership in our home. I thought I was submissive but there were some subtleties that the Lord has revealed recently and I am working on. God has also shown me how these issues are directly connected to Kelly and his health. I praise God for his work in our lives!!!
Anyway... just a brief update. I hope that this makes sense. I also hope that you all are well with each other, God and work/school. I know that you pray for us, thank you sweet friends. Blessings to you, Gabriela
P.S. IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING... THE BEAUTIFUL GIRL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PICTURE IS MY NIECE JULIE WHO CAME TO CAMP WITH US!!!

3 comments:

Keith said...

Kelly,

God has brought you to mind several times in the past few weeks. I am attending a 3 day prayer retreat in Tucson, AZ from Oct. 1-Oct. 3. If you are interested in joining me, let me know.

I love you and miss you, brother

Keith
kkucla@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Hello Rosenthals, you all look good and the kids are sooo big.
I just saw this post, I was in Africa and I didn't see it while there.
I am glad to hear that Kelly is feeling good and that you are feeling God's deliverance.
I miss you all, Wedding plans are moving along but I am feeling like it is tomorrow since the Holidays are in the middle of everything.
Love you all, hope to see you soon.
Laura Arredondo

Jack and Kerry Russell said...

Dear Kelly and Gabriela - Happy New Year. How are you? Hopefully you are doing well and just too busy to update your blog. We would love to hear from you. I asked Ron Berger about you and he didn't have any updates.

Love, Jack and Kerry Russell
jborter@sbcglobal.net