Friday, July 20, 2007

Good Week....

Hi Friends - We apologize for not posting an entry in a week and so appreciate those that have called to inquire. It's been a good week. No hospitals or complications. It's been nice to be home. I have been into the church office all this week, enjoyed leading two Bible studies, and getting my head back into what I love doing. It's been wonderful.

The chemo treatments for the next 4 weeks are 4 days a week with two chemicals on Mondays. I have one week down....hey! I have tolerated the drug well, so that's encouraging (still have follicle integrity). No sickness, just move a little slower. So we are praising God and thankful to the great Oncology staff that care for us.

The kids are doing well, enjoying the summer and swimming. Gabriela carries a lot of the emotional load and is handling it well, but I would ask you to keep her in prayer as she continues to adjust our lives to best battle this cancer. She's an awesome lady and my best friend. We celebrate 12 years of marriage on Sunday. I am a blessed man!!!

Thanks you again for your prayer and encouragement. I daily feel the need for them as I contempt life with cancer. It's something I will share on the blog as I formulate my thoughts. What I can say is the sense God's presence and love through you all is transforming. I love you all.

If there is one specific request at present, it would be my weight loss. I have lost 35 lbs. and looking pretty good, but really need to keep muscle mass and weight on. Thank you. Well off to the office...boy that sounds good!!

His blessings,

Kelly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tia Eugenia y yo hemos estado en oracion por tu salud Kelly y el bien estar de toda tu familia.

Señor Jesucristo, que para redimir a los hombres y sanar a los enfermos quisiste asumir nuestra condición humana, mira con piedad a Kelly, que está enfermo y necesita ser curado en el cuerpo y en el espíritu.

Reconfórtalo con tu poder para que levante su ánimo y pueda superar todos sus males; y, ya que has querido asociarlo a tu Pasión redentora, haz que confíe en la eficacia del dolor para la salvación del mundo.

Tú que vives y reinas por los siglos de los siglos. Amén.


Maru Courtney

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! We love you both!! We are praying that you are having a wonderful day!
Love,
Camille, Jon, Jacquelyn, Lee, Josi, and George