Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hello dear family and friends,
Kelly finishes his second week of four weeks of this new chemo tomorrow. Thank you for your prayers, they have truly sustained us! Kelly has had a very low red blood cell count this week which has made it difficult to function. He has been very tired and short of breath. In spite of this, he is tolerating the chemo very well. He is not feeling nauseous although the spinal chemo does give him a head ache.
We are very grateful that he was able to receive 4 units of blood this week and we are hoping it will give him enough energy to preach two services on Sunday! He will be preaching about one of his passion, Christ centered community. We would be so grateful if you would pray that he would not only have the stamina to preach but also that God would use him to communicate His heart.
Family life is going well. We celebrated Anneliese's second birthday on Tuesday. What a delight she is to our family. The kids and I have been enjoying the free summer movies at the local theater once a week and an incredible summer program at our library. We have also been able to go swimming at some friends houses and cool off a bit. Oh boy is it hot here in Fresno! Anyway...
I would appreciate prayer for my patience with our kids. There are days that I feel very much on edge. I do better when I remember that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and that what He has given me to do today is not too difficult or beyond my reach and finally, His strength is perfected in my weakness. What a mighty God He is and how extravagant is His love! Lots of love and thankfulness for you all, Gabriela

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelly and Gabriella
Thank you for your updates. They are an encouragement to me, but they also let me know how to be praying specifically for you. I will definitely be praying for Sunday, Kelly, as you open our precious Word of God and talk to the people about what God has layed on your heart. I will be praying that the message, sent to you by God through the Holy Spirit, will touch lives. Your strenth and faithfulness are a real encouragement to me. Love Barb

Anonymous said...

Gabriela,

You are in my thoughts and prayers every day for your patience and peace of mind. I know it can be hard, but I know you can do it. You're such an example to me of patience with your kids and I always think of you when the boys are getting to be a little to much.

I know it's not always easy to stay strong, but we have a great God to lean on. Lean hard if you have to, He's up to it.

Love,
Christy Wise

Root's Ramblings said...

Although I haven't posted on here as of yet, I enjoy keeping up with Kelly's progress and am blessed by your incredible spirit and faith in this difficult time.

Also wanted to say a belated Happy Anniversary to you and Kelly, as my husband Troy and I also share the same anniversary. We were not at church Sunday, or we would've said something to you in person. Hope it was a blessed day for you!

I pray that Kelly will be able to make it through both services, I know it will be much to endure. As you said though, "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me..."

Many blessings you you and your family!

Sheryl Root
(a family member at New Harvest)

Camille Kehoe said...

Kelly & Gabriela,

We are praying for stength and stamina tomorrow morning and that God would use him to communicate his heart. And Gabriela we are praying for your patience with your kids. You are still one of the best moms in the world. And we know because you've shown your love and grace and words of wisdom constantly with us. Praying you all have a good night.

Hugs and love to you all,

Jacqui & Camille

Anonymous said...

Hello Kell,

UR Sister here.

I am so glad to hear u are doing well.
I have been praying for you, Gab, and the kids...

I want you all to know I am here for each and everyone of you.

Kelly - I know that you continue with the positive health reports,

I will continue to send my prayers, along with the many I have praying for you here in Orange County.

God Bless to all
Love Always

Bettyann