Sunday, July 8, 2007

Wow, what a weekend. We spent Sat. in the ER because Kelly woke up with a fever. It was scary because we did not know what to expect but, after about 6 or 7 hours in the ER, we got to come home! Thank you Jesus! Kelly's fever stayed low, (99.5) on Sun. and has had a little more energy. We were not able to go to church but God brought us some fellowship at home with the Shamshion's and the Kehoe's visiting with us for a while. Today was a good day and I am so thankful. I personally am learning what it means to rely on Jesus moment by moment. I've always cognitively understood that my every breath and heart beat have been dependant on God, but I don't think I have ever been so keenly aware of it as I am now. Nothing has changed. God is sovereign, He is good, His timing is perfect, we are in His hands, "all the days that were ordained for me were written in His book before there was even yet one ." It is all at once painful and peaceful to be in this place. Painful to let go of my illusions of control and peaceful because there is no other place I would rather be then in His truth and oh, how I love and praise Him for it. Thank you again and again for your prayers. Please pray that Brianna's sniffles don't infect Kelly or the rest of us. Resting in His peace, Gabriela

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing it is for me to walk with you through this... you are showing me traits of our amazing Father and how to praise Him in the storm.

chrissy fitch