Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Praise and Thanks!

We are so relieved that Kelly is doing well. It turns out that the symptoms for an infection are the same for low blood sugar. Kelly's body is unable, at present, to manage it's blood sugar. The doctors think this is due to some steroids that are being taken in conjunction with chemo. Kelly is in ICU at ST. Agnus Medical Center in Fresno and is getting his finger poked hourly. We understand that after being weened off the steroid, (Prednison) his body will balance out. The doctors are still treating him as if he had an infection as a precaution. I personally reflect on yesterday with much thankfulness. It was really scary to see Kelly go through what he went through but God's presence was so evident. He surrounded me with His people and His peace and I am so thankful that I belong to Him! Thank you for your prayers! Love, Gabriela

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Valley of Vision

Lord, high and holy, meek and lowly, Thou hast brought me to the valley of vision, where I live in the depths but see Thee in the heights; hemmed in by mountains of sin I behold Thy glory. Let me learn by paradox that the way down is the way up, that to be low is to be high, that the broken heart is the healed heart, that the contrite spirit is the rejoicing spirit, that the repenting soul is the victorious soul, that to have nothing is to possess all, that to bear the cross is to wear the crown, that to give is to receive, that the valley is the place of vision. Lord, in the daytime stars can be seen from deepest wells, and the deeper the wells the brighter Thy stars shine; let me find Thy light in my darkness, Thy life in my death, Thy joy in my sorrow, Thy grace in my sin, Thy riches in my poverty, Thy glory in my valley.

Kelly, this is a Puritan prayer. I am sending you this because Kevin G. (my business prayer partner) asked me to look up your blog. We suppose to know each other back from the time that I had a cabinet shop "Spitsen & Denbraver Cabinets".

Bas Denbraver.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I am praying for your family and for the Lord's continued provision during this time. The effects of hypoglycemia are certainly something I can relate to.
Blessings,
Carrie Parrish