Thursday, August 2, 2007

Kelly is still in hospital, dealing with great pain and awaiting sinus surgery. He is scheduled for Friday at 7:00 a.m. to have his sinuses flushed out and to get a culture to see weather the infection is bacterial or fungal. Our doctor said that Kelly most likely will be in the hospital through the weekend and chemo will resume by the end of next week. It is a bit disappointing to be off schedule with treatment. Please pray that the leukemia will not build up resistance during that time. We are confidant that Dr. Pascuzzo is making the best decisions for treatment. He said that Kelly's body needs a break from the chemo so that his body can heal from this infection.
We are thankful that my sister-in-law, Amber, is in town with her kids this week. The visit was planned a while ago and again, God's timing is perfect. My nieces, Emily and Julie have been a huge help with the kids and that has enabled me to be with Kelly when I need to be. They leave Sat. and I will be sorry to see them go.
I want to thank you all again and again for your prayers and your faithfulness to us.
Sincerely, Gabriela

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

I know this may be a set back.

Just think you too will beat all of this.
It's all a test.

With the faith, love and the Lord by you, within you and all who are praying for you, remission is just a prayer away.

I feel it.

So please know that I have come a little closer to the lord and his love that he has for all of us. He won't ever let us down. Nor will he ever give us to much to handle.

Remember not to long ago you helped me get through an illness.

Please know I want to be there for you and your family. In any way I possible can.

I will be continue with my prayers for you.

God Bless you Kelly

I Love you and Gab, and the kids.

Your Sister
Bettyann

Anonymous said...

Kelly & Gabriela,
I so appreciate the updates and am continuing to pray for you guys. The trials continue to come and go in our lives, but God remains constant and faithful.........He sends people into our lives to help us when we need it; strength to continue the journey; and the promise He won't leave us alone to carry the load; isn't it wonderful to trust Him?!

My cousin was just recently diagnosed with breast cancer; will be meeting with a doctor on Tuesday for lumpectomy and check a few lymph nodes; then determine the next step...........her faith is strong and great support of family and friends (like you).

I'm really enjoying the new Fellowship I'm attending and am being blessed.

Much love and prayers........Jackie

Anonymous said...

Kelly, we continue to pray for you and Gabriela. I forgot to pray during our mealtime and our 11yr old prayed and called you by naem. You did a great job on leading the community group service. You are a inspiration to all of us.
My our God heal you!!

Bruce