Sunday, August 12, 2007

There's no place like home....

Hey Friend,

Released from the hospital last night. It's so good to be home. Though the hospital stay was essential (two surgeries, two 4 bags of platelets, and 5 units of blood), it was really hard on the kids to have me gone for 11 days. I am thankful and amazed at how God provided my sister-in-law from Washington to be vacationing at Bass Lake over this time frame. She has two teenage daughters and two younger boys. They stayed with Gabriela on both sides of my hospital stay which was a great blessing for my kids. It also allowed for Gabriela to have a lot of flexibility(as well as great support).

I also am so blessed with a wonderful Community Group that provided daily childcare while the relatives were in Bass Lake. They consistently are there at every turn. I can't be more proud of the way they are expressing Jesus and a biblical approach to being the church in this world. Thank you my dear friends.

Personally, I thank you for your prayers. I feel God's presence and see His hand, yet I confess that my heart is having a very hard time focusing on Him or anything other than the pain and healing process. The fungus mediation is more brutal on me physically than the chemo. I will be taking that every other day until the infection is gone. Dr. Passcuzzo wants to start up the chemo ASAP so that we don't lose ground, but the Infectious Disease Doctor wants all that to wait until the fungal infection is cleared up. My white blood cell count is up and fighting the infection as well as the pneumonia in my chest. Starting chemo would kill those white blood cells.

I am asking God to clear up the infection quickly, and that my sines would heal. They are still discharging blood and stuff that is also being forced by into my hears. It's painful to blow and my fear is that I will end up with infections in my ears. So that is another important request.

I am not one to complain much, but the battle is wearing on me. Keep interceding.

Thankful,

Kelly

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,

"The effective prayer of a righteous person can accomplish much" God promises. We will depend on God and His promise as we pray for your situation.

In His Love,

Rich & Adele

Anonymous said...

Kelly and Gabriela-
Have been praying and will continue. May He cover and sustain all of you as you wait. We love you all. The Low Family

Anonymous said...

Hi: Glad to hear you got to come home...home never felt sooo good...as you journey through this life changing ordeal you learn to appreciate the simple things in life...your own shower, your own bed...the smell of your house..not the hospital smells...will continue to pray...I drove near your house today on my way home and I just felt His presence surrounding you and your family...He loves all of you so much and will be with you every step of the way...I will pray for your body to fight off the fungus and any other infections so that you can get on with the Chemo...Love you guys, Claudia

Anonymous said...

Hola Kelly,
What a blessing to hear that you are home once again. Nacho and I along with a number of the Hispanic Ministry members will continue to pray for strength and endurance.

It was wonderful to see you preaching in the photo. I am looking forward to more preaching photos in the future.

Kelly, I have the perfect remedy to get rid of that sinus infection...some of Rosita's famous jamica! Okay, it might not heal your infection, but it sure tastes good!!!!

We love you...Dios les Bendiga.

Rosita y familia

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly and Gabriela,
Greetings from and old neighbor in North Idaho. Thank you for your gut-level honest sharing about your journey.
I will keep you both and your kiddos in my thoughts and prayers. God loves you both so very much and He has so much in store for you...more than we can HOPE or IMAGINE. Kelly, I can see you in my mind's eye hauling all those BIG ROCKS around your yard. You are a man of BRUTE strength!!! Your body is strong and your determination even stronger! I will pray it will quickly build up a force to fight off the fungus & the Leukemia. Take care my friends,

Joni Connelly
P.S. Please post your address.

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

I have been praying for you and your family alot in these last few weeks. I know God will answer my prayers and help you get through this obsticle.
I want to beleive It's another test he has given all of us, so we may all come together to be there for you in your time of need.
I have talked to Rusty and he stated he would like he and I to drive up and see you come see you when you are stronger. How does that sound to you?
I love you all.
God Bless,

your sister,

Bettyann

Micah Foster said...

You looked really great yesterday...we continue to pray for you!