Tuesday, August 7, 2007

We thank God in our every remembrance of you all.
Today was a good day. Kelly had his second sinus surgery. We were concerned over the possibility of loosing his sight in his left eye. The fungus was around the eye and an optometrist was going to possibly remove the floor of the eye and insert a catheter in order to inject the fungus medicine directly around the eye.
Well if you don't believe that God answers prayer, no offence but you are wrong. Many had been praying that God would remove the fungus and surprise the doctors and basically that's what happened. The optometrist came out of the OR only 10 min. after entering and, with a smile on his face said the the eye was no longer swollen shut as it had been for a week and that there was no need to do his part of the procedure.
The ENT, (ear, nose and throat) doctor worked on Kelly for almost 2 hours and once again cleaned out the sinuses and implanted catheters just beneath the inner part of Kelly's eyebrows so the medicine can go directly through the sinuses.
The other great praise is that the pathology for the lungs came back negative for the fungus. He does have pneumonia but so far no fungus.
It seem that the fungus has stopped progressing, which is what the medicine is supposed to do but Kelly's body needs to begin producing white blood cells in order to kill the fungus. His white blood cells are almost non-existent, which is what the chemo was supposed to be doing so... now we wait for his body to grow white blood cells and kill the fungus.
Kelly and I are very encouraged by today's outcome and see God's hand directly upon us and we are so grateful for all of your prayers. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Sincerely, Gabriela

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rosenthals',

What a journey you are on...you all must be so physically exhausted! I just want to share my favorite verse with you.

Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shelters him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders. Dt. 33:12

As we've gone through overwhelming trials (usually involving Dalton's cerebral palsy), I repeat this verse to myself and just picture the Lord carrying me through each hurdle as I cling to His back and wrap my arms around His neck. There's no other place I'd rather be than resting between the shoulders of my Lord and Savior, especially in troubling times!
We will continue to lift all of you up in prayer!
God Bless, Julie Ross (Trinity Church)

Anonymous said...

Praise God for the good news about the surgery. I have been praying for you guys and I know that God does miracles, one of our Hands of Mercy missionaries is in remission from Leukemia. (See web.mac.com/shanesab)
Reading your blog is such an encouragement to me, seeing you going through this in total submission and faithfulness to God.
Let me know if there is anything I can help you with (other than prayer) I still have a lot of time in my hands.
I miss you, love

Laura A.

Anonymous said...

Querida Gabriela, tu marido asi como toda tu familia siguen en nuestras oraciones.

I believe that you are a God of love, a God of compassion. I pray that you will be with all those this day that are in pain, who suffer silently and alone, who feel abandoned and left by the side of life’s road. Wrap your arms of grace around them, until they know they are safely held in your embrace. And, I pray, that you will fill my heart with the same compassion, and give me eyes to see how I can lovingly be a part of their healing. I ask this for the sake of your great love. Amen.


Maru Courtney y Familia

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord...glad to hear about the surgery...will continue to pray for the fungus...and for the counts to come up to fight the fungus...still no matter what our Lord is in Control and Loves us so very much...daily we must choose to Trust Him...Love you guys...Claudia Eller